Sierra High Route
The Sierra High Route (SHR) is about 200 mile across the High Sierra. This trail is a remote trek and a route finders dream. It barely joins any established trails and crosses 33 high passes. This trail is not to be confused with the High Sierra Trail (more to come on that) which runs from Cresent Meadow in the Sequoia National Forest to Whitney Portal.
Excellent information and books about the SHR can be found at:
- The Sierra High Route: Traversing Timberline Country – by Steve Roper
- Sierra North: Backcountry Trips in California’s Sierra Nevada
- Sierra South: Backcountry Trips in California’s Sierra Nevada
- Hiking the Sierra High Route – Backpacker Website
- Trip Review and Planning – Andrew Skurka Website